After School Activities
Students at Marymount are encouraged to sign up for After School activities, which provide opportunities to further exercise their intellectual, artistic, and athletic skills. The myriad activities offered in both the Elementary School and Secondary School also help foster qualities of leadership, decision making, and teamwork. The school develops the activities on offer based on the interests and abilities of the students and employs faculty members and well-qualified teachers and coaches to lead the students.
A wide variety of activities is on offer each semester to cater to the broad interests of our students. Numerous opportunities are available to budding athletes, including swimming, tennis, karate, soccer, and basketball. Students wishing to focus on more artistic pursuits can choose to participate in music, dance, drama, and arts and crafts.
A late bus service, leaving the campus at 5:15 p.m., is available to students participating in after-school activities.
Our After School Activities program fosters:
- Spirit: playing for the love of the game, competing, fun and self-improvement.
- Balance: opportunities to pursue athletics & other passions.
- Character: development of responsibility through commitment and personal choices.
- Fair Play: fair and respectful conduct toward all participants and supporters.
- Community: dedication to developing responsible leaders and citizens in our communities.
The activities follow the “Responsive Classroom”approach and are intended to help children build core social skills: cooperation, assertion, responsibility, empathy and self-control.