Marymount Learner Profile
The program of teaching and learning at Marymount International School endeavors to develop in each member of its community the characteristics and traditions reflected in the mission of the Religious of the Sacred Heart of Mary (RSHM), the Mission and Vision of the school, and the Goals and Criteria of the RSHM Network of Schools. Drawing from these sources, and from the philosophy of the International Baccalaureate Organization, an educational system used in the Secondary School, the following Marymount Learner Profile challenges each student to strive to embody the characteristics of a Marymount education.
|MMI learners strive to be:||
• Develop natural curiosity.
• Explore issues and ideals that have local and global significance.
• Exercise initiative.
• Express ideas confidently and creatively in more than one language.
• Act with integrity, honesty, and a strong sense of fairness.
• Understand and appreciate their culture and personal history.
• Show empathy, compassion and respect, acting to make a positive difference to the lives of others and to the environment. • Have a personal commitment to service.
• Approach unfamiliar situations and uncertainty with courage and forethought.
• Understand the importance of intellectual, physical and emotional balance to achieve personal wellbeing for themselves and others.
• Give thoughtful consideration to their learning and experience. • Assess their strengths and limitations to support learning and personal development.
• Love God and make God known and loved.
• Are forgiving, grateful and joyous.